On this episode… Supreme Court remands and politics of the POTUS election impacting the SCOTUS vacancy.
Direct download: Advice & Consent 10: Remands and politics (mp3)
Dorf on Law: Trump’s SCOTUS List and the Garland Nomination
- Anyone stand out?
- Surprise missing names?
- Does this inoculate the Donald amongst conservatives on the SCOTUS issue?
- Will this be enough to get liberals to the polls on this issue?
- Does this even remotely move the needle for the Merrick Garland nomination?
Zubik v. Burwell remanded
- Did the Court punt on this one? Would a 9th member have led to a ruling?
- Should we expect a higher than normal batch of remands until #9 gets seated?